Grilled Pizza with Prosciutto and SpinachPrep: 8 hours Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Terri Schlather5 recipes>
A tasty herbed crust tossed on the grill is the perfect base for this prosciutto and spinach pairing.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup warm water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme (I used dried, but fresh would be outstanding)
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of dry yeast ( 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 5 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I use a no fat version from Maple Grove Farms)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, 3/4 cup of the warm water, thyme, oregano and garlic. Mix with the dough hook until itâs all combined. Then let stand for about 15 minutes.
- With 5 minutes to go on the dough resting, mix the yeast with 1/4 cup of warm water and let it stand for 5 minutes or until it bubbles.
- Add yeast mixture, a couple of grinds of kosher salt to the flour mixture and beat on low for five minutes or until a dough forms.
- Spray a bowl with cooking spray, add the dough, cover with a plastic wrap coated in cooking spray and chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let stand, covered for an hour to bring it to room temperature. The dough will be puffy. Punch the dough down.
- Divide the dough in 4 portions and shape each into a 7-8 inch circle. Place on a baking sheet covered with cornmeal.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Cover with cooking spray.
- Place dough on the grill with the cornmeal side up and grill for 3 minutes or until the dough is blistered. Turn over and grill another 3 minutes. Remove the dough from the grill.
- Top your cooked dough with about 4- 5 tablespoons of cheese and 1 ounce or proscuitto and several grinds of pepper.
- In a bowl, dress the spinach with balsamic vinaigrette then divide evenly among the pizzas. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information: per serving of one pizza round
- Calories: 435, Fat: 16g (sat 9g, poly 1g, mono 3g), Chol: 59mg, Sodium: 1039mg, Potassium: 214mg, Carbs: 50g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 21g
Leave a review or comment