Grilled Pesto Summer Vegetable "Torte"
- 1/4 lb basil leaves
- 2 x chopped garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water - (to 4) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 x zucchini or possibly summer squash cut lengthwise into strips
- 4 x plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 bn green onions (or possibly 2 sliced fresh knob onions)
- 2 x roasted green or possibly red bell peppers Additional grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a blender or possibly food processor, combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, vinegar, and sufficient oil to make the ingredients start to grind.
- When the ingredients are well grnd, add in cheese and remaining extra virgin olive oil. Grind for just 30 seconds. Taste for salt and pepper. Well coat vegetables in pesto. Let marinate for 2 to 4 hrs.
- Grill over high heat till the vegetables are just tender. Stack the vegetables on each plate being sure to add in additional pesto between the layers. Sprinkle the finished "torte" with parmesan and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 side dish or possibly first course servings.
Leave a review or comment