Grilled Mahi Mahi Fillets And Asparagus With Orange, Sesame
- 4 piece mahi mahi fillets - (6 to 8 ounce ea) Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 x limes juiced
- 3 Tbsp. dark tamari soy sauce
- 2 x inches fresh ginger root grated
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable or possibly canola oil
- 20 x fresh chive blades minced (or possibly 3 scallions, thinly sliced)
- 1 lb thin asparagus spears - (to 1 1/4)
- 2 x navel oranges
- 1 x inch fresh ginger root
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat grill pan to over medium-high to high heat. Season mahi mahi fillets with salt and pepper. Combine the lime juice, dark soy, ginger and a little vegetable or possibly canola oil in a shallow dish. Turn the mahi mahi in the citrus soy marinade and let it hang out for 10 min. Grill on warm grill pan for 6 min per side for a 1-inch fillet or possibly till fish is hard and opaque.
- Take 1 spear of asparagus and hold it at each and. Bend the asparagus till it snaps and breaks. Use this spear as your guide on where to trim the ends of your bundle of spears.
- Using a peeler, make thin long strips of orange zest from both oranges. Cut the ends off the zested oranges and stand them up right on a cutting board. Remove the pith in strips using sharp knife and cutting down from the top of the orange. Throw away the pith. When the oranges are both peeled and trimmed, turn them on their sides and slice into 1/4-inch rounds, cross sectioning the whole. Set the orange disks aside.
- In a skillet with a cover, bring 1-inch water to a boil with the zest of the oranges and grated fresh ginger root. Allow the orange zest and ginger to simmer for at least 1 minute then add in salt and asparagus spears. Simmer the spears 3 to 5 min till just tender. Drain the asparagus. Throw away the orange zest and ginger.
- Assemble a few spears on each dinner plate, layering them back and forth, crisscrossing the spears over orange slices. Sprinkle sesame seeds over asparagus and oranges and top with 1 portion of grilled mahi mahi. Garnish assembled fish and asparagus with minced or possibly thinly sliced chives.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment