Grilled Lime Skirt Steak With Citrus Salad
- The flavorful marinade not only punches up the flavor of the meat but also serves as a dressing on the citrus salad.
- 2 1/2 lb beef skirt steak
- 1/4 c. lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp grnd allspice
- 6 c. salad greens
- 1 x grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 x oranges, peeled and cut into segments Thinly sliced red onion rings
- Place skirt steak in a resealable plastic bag. Combine lime juice, oil, red onion, salt, cumin, pepper and allspice. Reserve half and pour remaining half over steak. Seal bag and marinate steak in refrigerator 4 hrs or possibly overnight, turning occasionally. Shortly before serving time, combine salad greens and grapefruit and orange segments in bowl. Remove steak from marinade; throw away marinade. Grill over warm coals, turning once, till medium-rare (instant-read thermometer reads 135 degrees F), 6 to 8 min. Slice across the grain and transfer to a serving platter. Add in reserved dressing to salad ingredients. Toss lightly. Garnish with red onion rings.
Leave a review or comment