Grilled Jerk ChickenPrep: 12-24 hours Cook: 45 min Servings: 5by Monet1 recipe>
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 habanero chiles, stemmed and seeded (adjust according to your spice tolerance
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 lbs chicken thigh quarters
- 1.Place onion, scallion, garlic, habaneros, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, brown sugar, thyme, allspice, black pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon in the jar of a blender and puree until smooth.
- 2. Place chicken wings in a large Ziploc bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible and refrigerate overnight to 24 hours.
- 3. Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Let chicken come to room temperature while preparing grill.
- 4. Place the chicken directly over the heat and grill with the lid open for about 3 minutes per side. (It doesn't make a difference which grill you are using here as long as you have an internal temperature of 325-350 degrees.I use a gas grill)
- 5. Move the chicken to the other side of the grill (away from the heat source) and grill with the grill lid down for about 45 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chicken leg quarter registers 170 degrees.
Leave a review or comment