Grilled Island Pineapple Salsa
This is a wonderful summer salsa for fish, chicken and pork. It goes wonderfully on fish tacos.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch- green onions, trimmed
- 2 Jalapeno peppers (Habanero or Scotch Bonnet peppers may be used instead for a spicier result), halved and deseeded
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- Kosher salt
- Black or White Pepper
- Preheat gas grill for 10 to 15 min.
- Brush Pineapple, Onions, Peppers and green onions with the oil.
- Using tongs, place items on hot grill.
- Grill all items until charred (items cook at different times, so remove as the finish)
- When done, remove to flat pan and cool in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon and lime juice, chopped cilantro and rice vinegar.
- When items in refrigerator are cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces, adding to the bowl.
- Season with Kosher salt and pepper
- Peel and dice Avocado and lightly toss into salsa and chill for 4 hours before serving.
- 4 to 6 servings depends on the greed factor
Leave a review or comment