Grilled Flank Steak With Hot Pepper Paste
- 2 lb Flank steak
- 1/8 c. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 6 x Roasted jalapenos, peeled
- 2 x Roasted ancho peppers, peeled
- 1 x Roasted red pepper, peeled
- 2 x Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Minced parsley
- 1 tsp Cumin pwdr
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the flank steak on a baking pan. In a small bowl mix together honey, soy sauce, vinegar and peppercorns. Rub the mix all over the flank steak and chill 2-24 hrs.
- For the pepper paste, place peppers in a food processor and run the machine to chop the peppers. Add in the remaining ingredients and process till smooth. Remove from the processor and chill till ready to use.
- To cook the flank steak, oil the grill then heat just till you can hold your hand over for no more than 5 seconds. Cook the flank steak about 3-4 min on each side depending on the thickness for rare to medium rare doneness. Remove from the heat allow to stand for 1-2 min then slice thinly on an angle. Serve warm pepper paste on the side or possibly on top of the flank steak.
Leave a review or comment