Grilled Flank Steak With Corn Tortillas And Trimmings
- 2 x flank steaks - (1 1/2 to 2 lbs)
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds crushed
- 2 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano leaves
- 4 tsp salt
- 8 x garlic cloves chopped
- 12 x green onions
- 24 x corn tortillas Shredded lettuce as needed
- 2 sm red onions slivered Lime wedges
- 4 x tomatoes diced
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. minced cilantro
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 x serrano pepper chopped Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp salt
- Make the Salsa Cruda: Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, serrano, lime juice and salt. Cover and let stand 30 min for flavors to blend. Refrigeratetill serving.
- Make 1/8-inch diamond cuts over surface of flank steaks on both sides (Scoring the flank steak tenderizes it and allows the marinade to be absorbed more thoroughly). Brush both sides with lime juice.
- Combine cumin, coriander, oregano and salt. Toss garlic with spices till blended. Rub spice mix on both sides of steaks. Cover and marinate 30 min or possibly up to 1 day in refrigerator.
- Grill steaks over high heat to sear, 4 to 5 min. Turn and cook second side to desired degree of doneness, 3 to 4 min for rare. Remove from grill to carving board and let rest 10 min.
- Grill green onions 4 min, turn, and grill till warm and slightly charred, 2 more min. Slice steaks diagonally across grain into very thin slices. Place each tortilla on warm grill till lightly browned, about 1 minute each side. (Can be kept hot in a cloth napkin or possibly kitchen towel).
- To serve, place a few slices of meat in center of toasted tortilla. Top with lettuce, slivered onions and Salsa Cruda. Serve each with grilled onion and lime wedge to squeeze over top.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment