Grilled Fillet Of Salmon With Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. basmati rice
- 2 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 ounce unsalted butter
- 4 c. julienned cabbage - (loosely packed)
- 2/3 c. julienned cucumber
- 1/3 c. cilantro leaves
- 1/3 c. mint leaves
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 1/2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 1/4 tsp chopped peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds cracked
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste (available in Asian markets and in the ethnic food section of some supermarkets)
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 2 1/2 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 5 Tbsp. tomato puree plus
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 4 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. roasted peanuts coarsely minced
- 6 x salmon fillets, 3/4" thk - (6 ounce ea)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- The Rice: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the rice, water and butter in a small ovenproof saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover with a tight-fitting lid and place in the oven for 12 min. Set aside and keep hot.
- The Cabbage Salad: Combine cabbage, cucumber, cilantro and mint in a bowl; toss well. Cover and chill till salmon is cooked.
- The Red Curry Sauce: Hot oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add in garlic and ginger; saute/fry till light brown. Add in coriander seeds, curry pwdr, curry paste, paprika and cumin. Reduce heat to low and saute/fry about 2 min to release flavors. Add in coconut lowfat milk, tomato puree, soy sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Don't let sauce boil. Keep the sauce hot or possibly reheat gently before serving.
- The Salmon: Brush the salmon with the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill to high. When very warm, add in the salmon and cook for about 2 1/2 min on each side for medium-rare.
- To serve: Mix the cabbage with the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Place about 1/2 c. of the cooked rice in the center of each serving plate; top with a salmon fillet, then pour 1/2 c. of the sauce around the outside edge. Add in the cabbage salad in a little pile on top of the salmon. (Try to get the salad to stand up on the salmon.) Sprinkle the peanuts over the sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment