Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper HarissaPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
Harissa is spicy condiment from Tunisia. It’s loaded with flavor, but very low in fat and calories, making it a perfect accompaniment to healthful meals.
- 4 Oz Jar Roasted Red Peppers, Rinsed And Drained
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 Tsp. Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar, Divided
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash, Sliced 1/2-Inch Thick Diagonally
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Sliced 1/2-Inch Thick Diagonally
- 1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (4 Small)
DirectionsFor the Red Pepper Harissa:1.Place roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon each of the oil and vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and crushed red pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Process or blend until a chunky sauce forms. (Do not puree.) Set aside.For Chicken:1.Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and vinegar, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt in small bowl. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add 1/2 of the spice mixture; toss to coat well.2.Place chicken in another bowl. Add remaining spice mixture; turn to coat well.3.Grill chicken over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender-crisp.4.Serve 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Harissa with each serving of chicken and vegetables.Cook's Tip:1.You can roast your own sweet red bell peppers for the harissa sauce. Use one large or two small.
Leave a review or comment