Grilled Baby Artichokes With Olive Oil And Lemon
- 1 x lemon halved
- 12 x baby artichokes
- 2/3 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Squeeze juice from lemon into bowl of cool water. Cut stem off 1 artichoke, leaving about 1 inch. Snap off bottom 3 rows of leaves. Cut off tip of artichoke. Halve artichoke lengthwise. Scrape out choke. Place in lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add in artichokes and boil till crisp-tender, about 6 min. Drain; pat dry.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Mix oil and 1/3 c. lemon juice in small bowl. Brush artichokes with some of dressing. Grill till tender and charred in spots, about 5 min per side. Transfer to large bowl. Fold in dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer artichokes to platter. Pour dressing into small bowl. Serve artichokes hot or possibly at room temperature, offering dressing alongside. (Can be made 4 hrs ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment