Grilled Asparagus And Roasted Mushroom Salad
- 1 lb asparagus grilled
- 1 lb assorted mushrooms coarsely minced (portobello, cremini, shiitake)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. toasted pecans
- 8 ounce American blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chile pwdr Salt to taste
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large saute/fry pan over high heat. Add in mushrooms and cook till golden. Add in thyme and season with salt and pepper. Toss asparagus with a few Tbsp. of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1/4 of the mushrooms in the center of each plate. Arrange asparagus around the mushrooms. Sprinkle pecans and blue cheese around the edge of the plate. Drizzle with more of the dressing.
- Red Chile Mustard Vinaigrette: Whisk together mustard, ancho pwdr, salt and vinegar, slowly whisk in oil till emulsified. Season with more salt, to taste.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment