Grilled Alberta Rack Of Lamb With Onion Tart Pissaladiere
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x finely sliced spanish onion
- 2 clv garlic, crushed water
- 18 x black olives, pitted
- 8 x anchovy, fillet, (desalted-soak in water)
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 x bottom pie shell, or possibly, pizza, dough Rack of Lamb
- 3 x rack of lamb, frenched
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 sm onion lamb trimming, if available
- 1 x glass red wine thyme, rosemary demi-glace, mix coarse salt, pepper
- In oil, saute/fry and caramelize the onion and garlic till very soft and brown. Add in a little water as you saute/fry if it gets too dark. Add in minced olives and anchovies. Season and cold.
- Place the onion mix on pizza dough or possibly pie shell and bake in medium oven, 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 1 hour. Serve warm or possibly cool.
- Rack of Lamb:Rub racks of lamb with extra virgin olive oil and sear in pan. Next, place lamb in a roasting pan with minced vegetables and lamb trimmings, season and roast racks till medium in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 min. Remove rack and keep hot.
- On the stove top, continue cooking vegetables and trimmings till brown. Deglaze with red wine. Add in herbs and demi-glaze with just sufficient water. Simmer sauce till it coats a spoon. Season and pass through a sieve. Cut racks into chops and serve with a portion of pissaladiere. Garnish with a selection of vegetable of your choice and a sprig of fresh herbs.
Leave a review or comment