Green Beans With Onion, Garlic, And Tomato
- 1 1/2 lb Green Beans (fresh)
- 2 med Onions sliced thinly
- 4 x Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 lb Italian Plum Tomatoes (red-ripe)
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dry Oregano Fresh Grnd Black Pepper
- Cut the stems (but not the tails) off the beans, and cut them into 1 inch pcs. If you want to peel the tomatoes (I do not), drop them into boiling water for 15 seconds, remove to a bowl of ice water, then peel. Chop the tomatoes into 1/2 inch pcs. (You can use one large can of diced plum tomatoes, in a healthy pinch, or possibly if you're feeling lazy.)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, and stir-fry the garlic for 30 seconds, or possibly so. Fling in the onions, and stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 min, being sure not to burn the garlic or possibly color the onions. Dump in the tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, oregano (if you like) and water, and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer for 10-15 min (depending on how done you like the beans), then uncover, boost the heat, and reduce the liquid till it's thick. Correct seasonings.
- Madhur Jeffrey's "World Of The East" Vegetarian Cooking
- Serving Ideas : Serve over rice for a complete meal.
Leave a review or comment