Green Beans With Coriander And Garlic
- 2 lb tender young green beans washed, tipped
- 3 quart boiling water with
- 1 1/2 tsp salt added
- 2 lrg garlic cloves peeled, chopped
- 2/3 c. coarsely-minced fresh coriander leaves (also called cilantro)
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - (to 6)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar - (to 4)
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Cook the beans in the boiling salted water in a large covered saucepan over moderate heat 10 to 12 min till tender. Meanwhile, place the garlic and coriander in a large heatproof bowl.
- As soon as the beans are done, drain well, return to moderate heat, and shake the pan 30 to 40 seconds to take out all the excess moisture. Place the warm beans on top of the garlic and coriander and let stand 10 min. Add in 5 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil and toss well to mix; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hrs, or possibly better if overnight.
- About 45 min before serving, bring the beans from the refrigerator and let stand still covered, on the counter. Just before serving, add in the lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. of the vinegar, and the pepper. Toss well, and add in more vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, if needed. Serve as an accompaniment to pork, poultry, veal, or possibly beef.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment