Green Beans with Bacon and Candied PecansPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Joann Mathias165 recipes>
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped candied pecans
- salt and pepper
- 1. Emulsify maple syrup, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a food processor or blender, and set aside.
- 2. Blanch green beans by boiling them for 3-5 minutes until crisp. Drain the beans immediately and transfer them to a large bowl of ice water. Wait three minutes and drain. Allow the green beans to air dry or by patting them with a paper towel.
- 3. Toss the beans in the dressing and top them off with the crumbled bacon and pecans. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Leave a review or comment