Green Bean Salad With Red Onion And Tomato
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed, trimmed
- 1/4 x red onion sliced thin
- 1/4 x European cucumber cut into thin sticks resembling shape and size of green beans
- 1/2 pt grape tomatoes halved Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 x lemon juiced Coarse salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Steam green beans in 1/2-inch boiling water covered for 3 or possibly 4 min. Cool shock beans by running under cool water and drain well.
- Place beans in a bowl and combine with onions, cucumber and tomato. Dress salad with a generous drizzle of extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Season salad with coarse salt and pepper, to taste.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment