Green Bean Salad With Mint
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh green beans
- 3/4 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 c. White wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 x Clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 c. Toasted walnuts (see NOTE)*
- 1 c. Minced red onion
- 1 c. Crumbled feta cheese
- *NOTE Place walnuts on cookie sheet or possibly in shallow pan and broil in oven till browned and aromatic, 5 - 10 min, stirring and turning once or possibly twice.
- Wash beans and trim ends; cut into thirds. Parboil by dropping into boiling water 5 min. Drain and plunge into ice water 5 min; drain and chill.
- combine oil, mint leaves, vinegar, salt, garlic and pepper in food processor or possibly blender and process 20 seconds; set aside. Place beans in large glass bowl and top with toasted walnuts, red onion and feta. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Best if made 2 hrs ahead of time and or possibly the day before to develop flavors.
Leave a review or comment