Green Bean Casserole Au GratinPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
If you are like me, you always make the standard green bean casserole for Thanksgiving and if your family is anything like mine, they love it and expect it. November at Carolina HeartStrings we are putting a twist on our old favorites and green bean casserole is definitely a tried and true favorite that I thought deserved a new twist. This was so delicious that I don’t think I will wait to make this for a holiday side dish!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded colby/jack cheese
- 2 cups frozen or fresh green beans, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter flavored croutons, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in pan; add flour, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until it is a creamy bubbly consistency. Pour in milk and cook, stirring constantly until you have a nice thick white sauce. Add cheese, blend well and remove from heat. Put green beans in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the cheese mixture over the green beans and stir to coat the green beans well. Sprinke the crushed croutons over the green beans. Spread the crumbled bacon over the top and sprinkle the paprika evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
Leave a review or comment