Greek Spinach And Rice
- Note: To use half a package of the frzn spinach, microwave the unwrapped package on 30-percent power (medium-low) for 2 to 4 min or possibly till soft sufficient to cut in half. Rewrap one half and return to the freezer.
- 1 c. Water
- 1 med Onion, finely minced (1/2 c.)
- 2 x Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Peel, finely shredded or possibly 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 c. Long-grain Rice
- 5 ounce Frzn Minced Spinach, or possibly half of a (10-oz) package - thawed and liquid removed Lemon Peel Strips (optional)
- 1. In a medium saucepan combine water, onion, garlic, oregano, chicken bouillon granules, lemon peel or possibly juice, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 min.
- 2. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook for 5 - 10 min more or possibly till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir lightly with a fork before serving. Garnish with lemon peel strips, if you like.
Leave a review or comment