Greek Quiche (Washington)
- 1 x 9-inch pie crust Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 x Lemon, juice of
- 1 bn Fresh spinach, washed and minced
- 5 x Large eggs
- 8 ounce Lowfat sour cream
- 12 ounce Lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 8 ounce Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pan heat oil on medium high. Add in onions and cook till slightly soft. Add in mushrooms, herbs and lemon juice. Lower heat. Add in spinach and cook till mushrooms are tender. Place mix in a colander and drain the excess juice.
- In a separate large bowl add in Large eggs, yogurt, lowfat sour cream, Ricotta, Feta and garlic. Whip vigorously with wire whip till mix is creamy and thick.
- Add in Mozzarella and blend.
- Combine vegetable mix with egg mix and blend well.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 60 to 75 min. To test for doneness, quiche should feel hard when tapped lightly or possibly when a knife inserted comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment