Greek Garlic Sauce (Scordalia)Prep: 15 min Servings: 12by Kyle Dalakas101 recipes>
Popular in Greece, this creamy garlic sauce is excellent on any meat or fish main dish. It is also great as a cold dip with veggies.
- 1 large potato, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 loaf white bread, crusts removed
- 10 to 12 cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. White vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Peel potato and boil until tender. Set aside and let cool. Place in food processor.
- Remove crusts from bread. Soak bread in water. Squeeze to remove excess water and place bread in food processor.
- Clean and crush garlic with garlic press or side of a knife. Place in food processor.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Process for 20-30 seconds til smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate. Serve with meat or fish entrée or as a cold dip with fresh vegetables.
- Refrigerated, this will keep for one week.
Leave a review or comment