Grapefruit Watermelon Granita With Lime Cream
- 1 c. fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. watermelon pulp, seedless
- 1/4 c. citrus vodka Lime Cream
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lime zest fresh mint, for garnish
- To Assemble:For granita, bring grapefruit juice and sugar up to a simmer and stir till sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cold. Puree grapefruit syrup with watermelon and strain. Stir in 1/4 c. vodka and freeze. After an hour, stir granita, and then stir 2 more times before frzn.
- For lime cream, whip cream to soft peaks and mix in sugar, juice and zest. Refrigeratetill ready to serve.
- To serve, scrape up granita granules with a fork and spoon into dessert glasses. Top granita with a small dollop of lime cream and garnish with fresh mint.
Leave a review or comment