Granny's Cornbread Dressing
- 1 x Pan cooked cornbread in 9 X 13 inch pan
- 3 can Cream of chicken soup
- 3 can Chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of celery soup
- 2 c. Onion, minced
- 16 slc Bread, torn Sage to taste
- Crumble cornbread in a very large bowl or possibly dishpan. Add in bread, onions, and sage. Heat soups and pour over bread mix. Stir and mash with potato masher. Pour into very large roasting pan. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
- NOTES : This is my Granny's original dressing recipe. It makes a huge roasting pan full. You may need to halve the recipe depending on how many people you are serving. This is the best dressing I have ever eaten. I believe the secret is in not adding too much sage. My Granny always tastes it before putting in the oven to bake.
Leave a review or comment