Granny Phelps's Chocolate Cake
This is a cake that my Granny used to make. She is gone now, but her recipes remain and we make them often. Everytime I make this cake, it makes me smile.
- 1 box Devil food cake mix (Bake cake per box instructions. You can bake one long cake or two round cakes for stacking.)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Bake cake per box instructions and set aside for cooling.
- Frosting Directions:
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Mixture will start to thicken up and you will need to stir often so it will not stick or burn. Remove from stove top.
- Take cake and make small slits with a butter knife. Take the frosting and pour into slits throughout the entire cake. Poor remaining frosting over the top.
Leave a review or comment