Gourmet Liver Paté
Not your ordinary chopped liver! This finds a special place on our Christmas table.
- 1 lb. chicken livers
- 1/4 lb. butter (Not margarine)
- 1 t. instant minced onion
- 1/4 c. dry Sherry
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 c. dairy sour cream
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg or mace
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- pinch of ground thyme
- pea-sized piece of anchovy paste
- 1 t. minced fresh parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- SautÃ© chicken livers in butter. When partially done, add minced onion (which has been soaked in the Sherry), salt and pepper.
- Continue to sautÃ© 5 minutes remove livers. Chop fine.
- Mix drippings with sour cream. Add nutmeg, dry mustard, cloves, thyme, anchovy paste, and parsley.
- Blend into chopped livers in mixing bowl; place in smaller, greased bowl or greased moding pan.
- Chill several hours or overnight; remove from bowl or mold onto serving platter.
- Serve with bread or crakcers.
Leave a review or comment