Golden Spaghetti Squash (Doce Dourado De Chila)
- 6 x Basic Warm-Lowfat milk Sponge Cake rounds (see recipe) (ea round 4" dia from 1/2 sheet cake)
- 1 c. orange simple syrup (see below)
- 1 c. Spaghetti Squash Jam (see recipe)
- 5 ounce toasted almonds roughly grnd
- 10 x egg yolks
- 2 c. sweetened whipped cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 x orange zested
- Brush the cakes with 3/4 c. of the simple syrup and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the jam with the remaining 1/4 c. of simple syrup, over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 min. Add in the almonds and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cold slightly. Stir in the Large eggs and place back over the heat. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 min, stirring constantly.
- Place the individual cakes in the center of each serving plate. Spoon the egg mix over each cake and cold slightly. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- For the Orange Simple Syrup: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer till sugar is dissolved. Cold.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment