Fragrant, spicy Cauliflower and Potato dish.
- 2 potatos
- 1 lb of cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2tsp ground toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (or cayenne)(more for extra spicy)
- 1 serrano pepper chopped (seed it for less heat or add one for more heat)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- I toast a batch of cumin seeds twice a year and keep them in the freezer to grind as I need them.
- Boil the potatoes plenty beforehand and keep in the fridge.
- Dice into 3/4 in or so pieces the day of cooking.
- Break apart the cauliflower florets and hold in ice water
- Grind the roasted cumin, coriander, turmeric, red peppr, and plack pepper. Combine ground ingredients with chopped serrano and salt in a prep bowl.
- Heat oil over medium heat, sizzle un-roasted cumin seeds 6-8 seconds or until you can smell the oils being released.
- Brown the cauliflower for a couple of minutes or until they have a few brown spots. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 6 min being careful to maintain crispness.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook uncovered over low heat until potatos are heated through--about 3-4 minutes. Stir gently to keep from sticking.
Leave a review or comment