Gluten Free Cream of tomatoPrep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Monocot89 recipes>
Rice is the great replacement of Flour!
- 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil( butter adds more flavor and cuts the acid of the tomato)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons white rice
- 1 28-ounce can concentrated crushed tomatoes
- 1 1-quart chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons Dill- Or as little or as much as you like!
- 1 can Fire roasted tomato
- In a soup pot over medium-low heat,heat the butter and oil, then sautÃ© the onion and salt gently until tender and translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add pepper to taste, along with the rice, tomatoes, broth, and sugar, then bring to a boil, covered over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cream or evaporated milk, and use a stick blender to blend the soup completely smooth (alternately, puree it in batches in a blender, using extreme caution).
- Stir the dill into the soup and simmer very gently, covered, for 10 more minutes. Taste the finished soup for salt and sugar, and add more if needed.
Leave a review or comment