Gluten Free CheeseckePrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Debbie Rapsky1 recipe>
I have made this with several different topping, strawberries , blueberries, chocolate sauce and just plain.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1tablespoon sugar
- A pinch of Kosher salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons of butter, melted (unsalted preferred)
- 8 ounces cream cheese ( room temp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh, its about half of a decent size lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Your favorite topping, strawberries, blueberries or nothing
- Pie Crust: Pre-heat oven to 350
- Add the nuts, salt (optional) and sugar in a food processor and pulse until it is all ground up.
- Add in butter (melted) and mix
- Press this nut mixture evenly into a lightly no stick sprayed 9 inch pie plate
- Bake 12 to 15 min or until a nice golden brown- remove and let cool it will set while you make the filling.
- Mix in cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add lemon zest and mix well
- In a separate bowl whip the heavy cram until you get peaks, take out the whipped cream a scoop full at a time and add to the cream cheese mixture and fold it in. Continue until all the heavy cream mixture is folded in.
- Add the mixture to the cool pie crust, make sure the pie crust is cooled.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours. I made mine the day before.
- Then top with your favorite topping or do what I did and give everyone a choice of different toppings.
Leave a review or comment