Glazed Corned Beef Sandwiches
- 1 x Corned beef brisket, (3-4 lb.)
- 12 x Peppercorns
- 4 x Bay leaves
- 3 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x Cinnamn stick, (3 inches) broken
- 1 Tbsp. Red pepper flakes Sandwich Buns
- 1/2 c. Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cloves
- 1/2 tsp Grnd ginger
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp Celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
- Place corned beef with seasoning packet in Dutch oven; cove with water. Add in seasoniongs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-4 1/2 hrs or possibly till meat is tender. Drain, discarding juices; blot brisket dry.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Rub onto top of hot meat.
- Grill or possibly broil for 5-10 min on each side till glazed. Slice meat and serve hot or possibly chilled on buns.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania
Leave a review or comment