Ginger Garlic Chicken With Noodles
- 2 x chicken, No.18
- 1/2 c. cornflour oil for frying
- 6 x spring onions
- 6 clv garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. vinegar, white
- 1/3 c. sherry, dry
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 x chicken stock cubes
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce salt, pepper
- With a large knife or possibly clever, cut chicken into serving size pcs (about 12-16 pcs). Coat chicken pcs lightly with seasoned flour. Heat oil in wok and fry chicken pcs a few at a time till browned, about 3 min. Remove from oil and place on a roasting tray. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place in a warm oven for 5 min to cook through.
- Ginger Garlic sauce:Dissolve cornflour with water. Place all ingredients for sauce in a large pan or possibly wok and stir till boiling and sauce thickens. Reduce heat and simmer 2 min. Add in chicken pcs and spring onions, toss through and simmer 2 more min.
- Boil noodles in boiling salted water 3-5 min, Drain well and toss extra soy through. Arrange on serving platter.
- Arrange chicken on top and pour over sauce.
Leave a review or comment