Ginger Curry Pumpkin Soup
- 16 ounce Canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 c. Homemade chicken stock
- 1 tsp Ginger -- finely Grated/chopped
- 1 tsp Curry pwdr -- or possibly to taste Salt and cayenne pepper -- To taste Toasted pumpkin seeds -- for Garnish Toasted sliced almonds -- For garnish
- 1. In a medium saucepan combine pumpkin, stock, ginger, and curry pwdr.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 min. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- 2. Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with pumpkin seeds, if you like.
- Timesaver Tip: Recipe can be prepared several days ahead and reheated in a saucepan over low heat or possibly in the microwave oven.
- Microwave Version
- 1. Combine pumpkin, stock, ginger, curry pwdr, and cayenne in a deep 2-qt casserole. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power till soup boils, about 3 to 5 min.
- 2. Microwave on 30% power 2 min.
- 3. Continue with step 2.
Leave a review or comment