Ginataang Baboy (Bicol Express)Prep: 30 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I like spicy food and this is one of the many dishes that I enjoy sharing with my family and friends.
- 1/4 kilo of pork, thinly sliced or diced (small)
- 1/2 cup Shrimp Paste (bagoong)
- 6-10 finger chilies sliced julienned
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons ginger peeled and minced
- 3 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to add taste
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Use a non-stick pan and heat the cooking oil in a medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger until it gets the aroma.
- Add the sliced pork, and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes or until it becomes light brown.
- When the pork turns golden, add the shrimp paste and sliced chilies. Stir moderately.
- After mixing the chilies, pour the coconut milk and let it boil.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Put in ground black pepper and salt to add taste.
- Let it simmer to lessen the liquid and turns into a thick milky sauce.
- Place on a serving bowl.
- *Best serve when hot
Leave a review or comment