Giggling Gourmet's Rockn' Holiday SaucePrep: 10 min Cook: 25-30 min Servings: 8by Giggling Gourmet15 recipes>
Here's a sauce I do for the holiday times of fall and winter...it is a cranberry sauce that comes out somewhat sweeter rather than tangier as far as cranberry sauces go...the spices that compliment the sauce lend to a really nice rustic feel and taste for something like the holidays and the cooking process for this one is a nice meditation in and of itself....
- 4 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup Blue Berries
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup
- 1/4 TSP Pumpkin Spice
- Cheesecloth Spice Bag
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 7 Allspice Berries
- 3 Sticks Cinnamon
- In cheesecloth spice bag tie in the whole cloves, allspice berries and sticks of cinnamon.
- In a 12in frying pan add water, berries, spice bag, and maple syrup and cook on medium heat. Sprinkle pumpkin spice all around and give it a few good stirs.
- Cranberries will begin to burst at around 10-15 minutes, once they begin to burst reduce heat to low and gently begin to crush them with wooden spoon while stirring them continuously (this gets the herbs in the spice bag really going well).
- At this fifteen minute marker add sugar and stir in. Continue to stir and heat for at least 10 minutes more (from here on out it will depend on what kind of consistency you are looking for in your sauce, the longer you go the thicker it gets)
- Remove from heat and let cool. Place in fridge overnight and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment