Giada's White Bean Dip/Spread
She calls this a sort of Italian version of hummus. It's excellent for dipping with pita bread or spreading on crostini.
- 1 15 oz. can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 C (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- In food processor,combine all ingredients except olive oil. Pulse on and off until mixture is coarsely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until mixture is creamy (for a spread, you might use a little less, for a dip the full amount should be right).Adjust seasoning, adding more salt and/or pepper as desired.
- Transfer puree to bowl and use as spread on crostini (slice French or Italian bread 1/3" thick, arrange on baking sheet and brush with a little olive oil, bake at 375 about 15 minutes until lightly golden) or as dip for toasted pita bread wedges (brush 1/8 pieces of pita with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little dried oregano, bake at 400 for about 8 minutes, turn and bake another 8 minutes until crisp and golden).
- The puree and the toasted bread or pita can be made up to a day ahead; store puree in refrigerator and breads airtight at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment