German Potato Salad RecipePrep: 25 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is another potato salad that I learned online. Easy breezy salad that i like.
- 5 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add water and vinegar; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes.
- Heat through, stirring lightly to coat potatoes.
- Serve warm.
Leave a review or comment