Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 1/2 c. peeled sweet potato in 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 c. peeled parsnip in 1 inch cubes
- 1 c. peeled beets in 1 inch cubes
- 1 c. thinly sliced leek (about 2 stalks) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper divided
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 c. peeled baking potatoes in 1 inch cubes
- 6 x cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. nonfat lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Arrange first 4 ingredients on a jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray; lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Bake at 425F for 20 min. Sprinkle vegetables with chopped garlic; toss well. Bake another 15 min or possibly till vegetables are browned and tender.
- Combine baking potato and garlic cloves in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook 15 min or possibly till very tender. Drain well; return potato and garlic cloves to pan. Add in 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, lowfat milk, and margarine; beat well with a mixer at medium speed.
- Spoon 3/4 c. garlic mashed potatoes onto each plate; top each with 3/4 c. roasted vegetables.
Leave a review or comment