Garlic Fried Chicken
- 1 lrg egg well beaten
- 1 pch baking pwdr
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 lb whole chicken cut up salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 c. shortening
- Mix together the egg, baking pwdr, garlic puree, and extra virgin olive oil. Cut the chicken into serving pcs. Salt and pepper it and put it into the egg mix, allowing it to soak several hrs (even overnight).
- Use a china bowl. Rework the liquid into the chicken before removing from the bowl. Roll, the chicken in flour which has been seasoned with salt and pepper (Lowery Seasoned Salt very good here.)
- Heat shortening on low heat till very warm and fry chicken on low heat till done and brown (about 30 min).
- Cuisine: "American"
Leave a review or comment