Gamay Raspberry Sorbet With Very Berry Cupcakes
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. gamay wine
- 5 c. raspberries juice from half a lemon
- 1 x egg white Cupcakes
- 2 c. pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 x egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. mixed fresh berries, tossed with 1 tbsp of flour Frosting
- 1/3 c. butter, room temperature
- 4 c. icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. juice, strained from fresh or possibly frzn raspberries
- 1 c. mixed fresh berries
- Heat sugar with wine just till sugar is dissolved. Refrigeratecompletely.
- Puree raspberries and strain to remove seeds. Stir in lemon juice and wine syrup.
- Churn sorbet in ice cream maker till thick. Whisk egg white lightly and add in to machine while churning. Continue till sorbet is consistently thick. Spoon into a container and freeze till ready to serve.
- Cupcakes:Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin tin with paper c..
- Sift pastry flour, baking pwdr and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar till fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients to butter mix, alternating with lowfat milk in 3 additions. Stir in berries which have been tossed with 1 tbsp flour (be sure to stir gently so as not to bruise berries).
- Fill paper c. just over halfway and bake for 20 min. Allow to cold.
- Frosting:Beat butter till smooth. Add in half of the icing sugar and beat till smooth. Stir in vanilla and raspberry juice. Beat in remaining icing sugar.
- Adjust to spreading consistency, if necessary, by adding more icing sugar or possibly raspberry juice as desired.
- To Assemble:Frost cupcakes and top each with a few fresh berries. Serve with sorbet on the side.
Leave a review or comment