Fudge Topped Custard Pie 1956 Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 1 x ) 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 4 x Large eggs
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 2/3 c. lowfat milk, scalded (use part cream for extra richness)
- 1 tsp vanilla, if you like Fudge Topping
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix together Large eggs, sugar, salt and nutmeg. Add in warm lowfat milk and vanilla, if using. Pour into prepared 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 min then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. Bake pie a total of 25 to 30 min, or possibly till a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cold.
- Fudge Topping: Just before serving mix together powdered sugar, salt and cream. Blend in melted chocolate and melted butter. Spread over cooled custard. Chill any leftover pie.
- Makes 1) 9-inch pie.
Leave a review or comment