Frozen Pumpkin Mousse
- 3/4 c. WATER
- 3/4 c. SUGAR
- 3 x EGG WHITES
- 1 pch CREAM OF TARTAR
- 1 1/2 c. PUMPKIN, pureed and liquid removed well
- 1 tsp PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 2 Tbsp. RUM
- 1 c. WHIPPING CREAM, beaten till stiff peaks form
- In a heavy saucepan, boil water and sugar till syrup reaches soft ball stage (238-degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- While syrup is boiling, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with a healthy pinch of cream of tartar till stiff peaks form. With mixer running, pour warm sugar syrup into egg whites in a steady, thin stream. Continue beating till mix is entirely cold (this may take more than 10 min). Mix in pumpkin and pie spice.
- Beat rum into whipped cream and fold into pumpkin mix. Turn mousse into a souffle dish which has been fitted with a paper collar; freeze at least 4 hrs.
- Remove mousse from freezer and place in refrigerator about 30 min before serving. Spoon into dessert dishes and serve with gingersnap cookies.
Leave a review or comment