Frita Cubana-(Cuban Hamburgers)-Nuwave Ovens
This is a wonderful Cuban Style (Hamburger recipe). A family favorite, this comes from a friend from Florida by way of Cuba. It has unqiue taste that sets is a part from all the others, and everyone who tries this Hamburger wants this recipe. There is no question this is my top recipe for the grill in the summer. Note, this recipe makes 6-8 regular sized burgers or 4 really big ones for a hungry people! I also use Walla Walla Sweet onions if you like a sweeter flavor in your onions. Tip with chedar cheese, colby-jack for even more flavor. SERVES 4 -8
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 spanish chorizo, sausage ground up
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain or italian seasoned for a kick of flavor)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 fresh mashed garlic cloves or garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients and form into patties. Cook on the 1 inch rack on HI for 5 -8 minuted depending on how cooked you like your burger.
- Serve on a traditional American hamburger bun (or potato rolls).
- Makes four quarter pounders or six to eight standard patties.
Leave a review or comment