Frijoles De La Olla (Pinto Beans)
- 1 c. Pinto beans
- 1 x Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 x Tortillas
- 1 x Salsa
- Day before, wash beans well and place in 3-quart. saucepan. Cover with water and let stand overnight.
- Next day, drain beans and rinse saucepan. Return beans to saucepan.
- Cover generously with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover loosely and simmer till almost tender, about 1 hour. Add in more water if needed to keep beans covered.
- Add in salt and continue cooking till beans are tender, about 15 min.
- Mash some of beans, then boil till liquid reduces to thick sauce, 10 to 15 min longer.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil and place in hot oven till heated through, about 30 min. Serve beans in individual bowls, accompanied by tortillas and salsa.
- Makes about 3 c., about 6 servings.
- Each serving, without tortillas or possibly
Leave a review or comment