A Hearty meal that feeds so many for so little.
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 12 cups hot tap water
- 1/3 c. chicken or beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 c. pearl barley
- 1/2 c. dry lentils
- 1/2 c. dry split peas
- 1/4 c. dried minced onion
- 1t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c. uncooked brown (or wild) rice
- 3/4 to 1 c. of small macaroni
- If making as a gift, layer the ingredients in order starting with the bouillon granules through the rice into a 1 pint mason jar. Add the macaroni to a zippy bag and attach to a piece of paper with directions.
- To Prepare soup:
- Add the browned turkey and all ingredients above (except for the pasta) into your soup pot. Add all of the water & cover bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Add macaroni and simmer for remaining 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment