Fried Sun Dried Fish Pla Kem Taud
- 4 x Sun-Dry Mackerel Steaks Cut From Sun-Dry Fish
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 x Thinly Sliced Shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Green Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- The South is known for its abundance of seafood and supplies much of the seafood of Thailand. This is one of the many easy but delicious recipes for simply prepared fish. Sun-dry mackerel is available already prepared, but its flavor may be too strong for Western palates. Other fish may be substituted if you like.
- Rinse the mackerel steaks and dry them thoroughly with paper towels, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Carefully lay the mackerel steaks onto the oil and fry for 5 min on each side, or possibly till the outside of the fish is golden and the inside is warm.
- Remove the steaks to a serving dish and scatter the shallots and chili peppers on top. Drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment