Fried Smelts With Tartar Sauce
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 c. Minced onions
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 c. Dill pickles Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Vegetable oil
- 1 doz Fresh smelts
- 1 c. Flour Bayou Blast see * Note Oil for frying
- 1 c. Fresh parsley sprigs fried
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, onions, garlic, and pickles. Process till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add in the oil. Process till all of the oil is used and the mix is thick. Season the mix with salt and pepper. Chill till chilled.
- Season the smelts with salt and pepper. Season the flour with Bayou Blast. Dredge the smelts in the flour, coating completely. Fry the smelts till golden brown, about 2 to 3 min. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with the Creole seasoning. Serve with the tartar sauce and fried parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment