Fried Onion RingsPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Onion rings are part of my snack list. This recipe is just so easy to make.
- 3 large Spanish onions or sweet onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Canola cooking oil for deep frying
- Wash and peel onions, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Separate rounds into rings.
- In a bowl, combine flour, seasonings, and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together egg and milk.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, blending well.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then drip into deep fat at about 365°.
- Fry until golden brown, turning to brown both sides.
- Remove to paper towels or brown paper bag to drain thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with a little salt before serving.
Leave a review or comment