Fried Haloumi Cheese With Greek Salad, Herb Vinaigrette
- 4 x Ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 x Red onion
- 1 x Cucumber
- 20 x Black olives, pitted
- 1 bn Flat parsley
- 100 gm Haloumi cheese, thinly sliced Basil, finely minced Coriander, finely minced Chervil Chives
- 200 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Lemons, juice of
- 1 Tbsp. White wine vinegar Salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes very coarsely into large dice. Slice the red onion finely and leave to soak in the white wine vinegar. Peel and chop the cucumber the same size as the tomatoes. Mix all these together in a bowl with the onions and some flat parsley. Dress with some extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- In a warm non-stick pan, fry the Haloumi cheese with no oil. It will brown very quickly. Remove and season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice. Place on top of the salad and drizzle herb oil around the plate. Now add in some lemon juice to the herb oil which you have put around the salad. If you add in the lemon juice before this it will turn the herbs brown.
Leave a review or comment