Fried ChickenPrep: 20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 6by Ella Mangelos Velthoen51 recipes>
This is one of my husbands favorite items. He loves fried chicken and is all excited when I make it. I always accompany it with mashed potatoes and gravy and he will eat it leftover with no complaints.. When making the mashed potatoes, I use the potato water to enrich my gravy.
- 3-4 lb chicken cut into pieces
- 2 Tbs granulated garlic
- 3 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Crisco Vegetable shortening
- Dry chicken completely
- Mix garlic, pepper, salt, oregano and flour in a bowl and pour into a zip lock bag
- Beat eggs with milk and place in shallow bowl
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then a piece at a time into the zip lock and shake until covered with flour, repeat till all pieces are covered and set aside.
- Heat shortening to 375 in a cast iron pan, put a few pieces of chicken in pan and fry lightly, 3 minutes, place on rack to drain and then to a sheet pan..
- Place in a 400 oven and bake for 35 minutes. Chicken will be moist and crisp, serve with mashed potatoes and gravy..
Leave a review or comment